Sunday 27 May 2012

Taiwan


I have heard so many good things about Taiwan and didn't have a chance to see or experience it myself, until now.

Yes i just came back from Taiwan recently and i have to say, my mandarin has improved! Staying there for 9 days gave me enough time to compare everything there with my homeland. No doubt it was a culture shock and many differences that set our group out of the locals and it was easy. From the way we dress to the way we speak, everything gave us away. So i took up a challenge to try out their accent and the way they speak, and it was fun.

That aside, Taiwan is sort of the country that anything goes. Unlike in Singapore, their infrastructures aren't as established as what we have here but, it is the older looking building that triggers the curiosity of what happened in this place many years ago. You get to see temples, street stalls and decorations you will never see in Singapore. By street stalls, i meant, street stalls. They are highly mobile stalls that move around the night market or even in front of the shopping malls. In Singapore, you will wonder if they are licensed to be food vendors.

Now the people. For the smokers out there, good news. You get to smoke anywhere as long as they are not indoors. If you are not the bike kind of person, you are in for a rude awakening. You get bikes coming at you even when you are walking by the shopping streets, dodging every one of them every 10 minutes. Then they have those who dress really well, and the minor part of the population, not so well-dressed.

I think i will just stop here in case my muse refused to appear in the coming days. I will be posting my day-by-day pictures up soon as long as i get the pictures into the computer. Stick around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment