Friday 11 May 2012

Innocence

I left for work today feeling like any other work day. Groggy, annoyed and tired. But that's not the point.

As i entered the lift, this grandmother who was holding on to a kid, no more than 2 years old, looked up. Like how a few grandparents would do, she introduced me to the kid, simply saying, "kor kor." Then i smiled to the kid, and he was casually smiling and fidgeting within his grandmother's arm.

When we reached the ground floor, i held the lift for them to exit and followed behind slowly.

I walked slowly behind them looking at the kid slowly hopped a step at a time down.

When they both reached the end of the stair-case, he turned back giggling and hopped up and down in a way like somebody was chasing behind him.

He thought i was chasing him, playing with him.

I smiled my widest smile.

My heart melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment